Nightscaping Radio on Stillstream.com - 4/23/2014 (today!)

Wed Apr, 23 2014 7:00 PM EDT — Wed Apr, 23 2014 9:15 PM EDT

About

On this Wednesday night's edition of Nightscaping Radio on Stillstream: I'll be featuring tracks from the album "Inside The Hollow Realm" by Numina and Caul, celebrating its 10th anniversary of its release in 2014. Also, new to the show - music by Frore, Stillstream's Featured Artist of The Month for April; new dark tracks by Cousin Silas, music by Disturbed Earth, and stuff by That Bald Guy™...err...Har. Starts at 7:00PM 

http://relaxedmachinery.ning.com/profiles/blogs/nightscaping-radio-on-stillstream-4-23-music-by-frore-numina-caul

Kooky and brilliant all at once...  chuckle.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/11/29/spanish-woman-declares-ownershi...

Spanish Woman Declares Ownership of the Sun

But don't call her greedy. She promises to use the profits to end Spain's public finance crisis. 

Speaking to the online edition of Spain's El Mundo newspaper, 49-year old Angeles Duran explained that she began exploring potential ownership in September, inspired by an American man who previously registered himself as the owner of the moon, and a number of planets in our solar system. After consulting with local officials in her hometown of Salvaterra do Miño, in Spain's Galicia region, she discovered that although international agreements bar countries from claiming ownership of stars, they don't stop individuals from doing so.

(See pictures of a total eclipse of the sun.)

Duran isn't exactly modest about becoming the sun's first proprietor in 4.5 billion years.

"There was no snag. I backed my claim legally. I am not stupid. I know the law," she said. "I did it but anyone else could have done it. It simply occurred to me first."

(Watch a TIME video about building a solar-powered home.)

A document issued by her local notary public declares that Duran is now the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the center of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometers."

Duran hopes to charge everyone who uses the sun—from the owners of solar farms to sunbathers—a to-be-decided fee. She plans to give half of the revenue to the Spanish government, 20% to the country's pension fund, 10% to research and 10% to ending world hunger. She'll pocket the rest for herself.

"It is time to start doing things the right way," she said. "If there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's well-being, why not do it?"

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/11/29/spanish-woman-declares-ownershi...

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

Just kooky... typical me-me-me logic...

"There was no snag. I backed my claim legally. I am not stupid. I know the law," she said. "I did it but anyone else could have done it. It simply occurred to me first."

This just totally cracked me up.

However, according to the laws of Empirialism and Exploration - don't you need to place a flag?   I think she needs to fly there and put her flag on the sun.

("flag" references and shout outs to Kids in the Hall and Eddie Izzard - both have hilarious bits on the simple need of a flag to take over a country...)

However, according to the laws of Empirialism and Exploration - don't you need to place a flag? 

i think you will find her answer to that somehwere along the lines of

' i placed it there with my imagination and its fire resistant '

I wonder if plants are exempt from charges  ?

will she charge us for ' daylight ' i wonder  or just ' sunlight ' ?

Is she now liable for all damages caused by the Sun and its radiations?

Oh!  Good one - is she responsible for skin cancer now? 

Or perhaps fires started by magnifying glasses accidentally left in the wrong place?

Or for kids with sight damage due to looking directly at the sun?

Or for crops burnt up by the sun due to lack of rain?    (is it the sun's fault or the rain's?)

Or for vehicle upholstery fading due to sun damage?

RSS

© 2014   Created by John K-N.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service