100 Most Viewed Photos Right Now:

Go buy this album.  Do it, do it now.

Then go visit here.

http://www.ultimae.com/en/composers/CARBON%20BASED%20LIFEFORMS/inde...

That is all.

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

Great to know this is now available.
Sure to be excellent.
Ummm - wow - Interloper is truly excellent. First spin - sure to be followed by many more.
I really has a special place in my ear for the first two CBL albums (I know, there was a first that wasn't an official release), so this one had a lot to stand up to for me.

I finally had to time to listen to Interloper completely through the other day...and in a better mood...and I really enjoyed it. CBL has a real knack for dramatic crescendos, bubbly emotional lines, and long, lazy, loping tracks—and this album does not disappoint in those areas.

Just FYI - Ultimae just released a LIVE H.U.V.A. Network, digital only, album (and they promise more of these). Other than the longer, very different versions of familiar tracks, the really cool thing about this release is that it features both separate tracks totaling around an hour, but also features the ENTIRE unedited live performance (without tracks markers), that times in at about 80 minutes...over 2 hours of material for the price of a single purchase. Ultimate never disappoints.

Hi Geoff,

Took your advice and got this CD, been entranced ever since. A true gem! 

I may have to take a new direction in my own music after listening to this. Their blend of ambient with downtempo is very creative, the result is just beautiful music. Yeh, I agree buy it now.  Thanks for the tip!

I hope this duo is getting just recognition for their work.

Mike

I would go further and say buy almost anything you find at Ultimae ... they are a simply superb label with a truly signature aesthetic. Plus they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Carbon Based Lifeforms is indeed great. I'd also suggest you check out Aes Dana, James Murray, Hol Baumann, and Solar Fields, amongst others.

But truly, I would say you will be hard pressed to find anything they release that doesn't inspire you. A really really well-executed label.

I know it's goofy, but I've bought two recent Ultimae physical releases, and when I got both packages, they contained not only the CDs, but beautiful postcards, a nice note, and a stick of incense...which I promptly burned while listening to the CD.

Now that's pretty fun, I think.

Ultimae's packaging is the best I've ever seen, bar none. They know how to present an album, that is for sure ....

Steve Brand said:

I know it's goofy, but I've bought two recent Ultimae physical releases, and when I got both packages, they contained not only the CDs, but beautiful postcards, a nice note, and a stick of incense...which I promptly burned while listening to the CD.

Now that's pretty fun, I think.

I agree on Ultimae...   I had posted in my status (which auto-updates twitter) about my recent "marathons" of CBL, Aes Dana, HUVA, etc...   and someone posted back to me that I must be a fan of Ultimae... Yep!  I truly am!

I don't have every release on the label, but I can't recall any that I didn't like - and most I dearly love.

Ha!   I'm needing a new "featured website / label" for the front page ...  I think Ultimae just may have lucked into that prime spot!   :-)

John

Mike,

Psyched to hear you picked it up and loved it as much as I do.  Like everyone else here, I love Ultimae top to bottom, but CBL has always had a special place for me.  Their music is such a perfect blend of trip-hop, downtempo and ambient that it's almost uncanny.  

RSS

© 2014   Created by John K-N.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service